NOTE: The new filing frequency data for the upcoming year will be available on the first business day of the month in January.
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue is pleased to offer payroll service providers the opportunity to verify certain data from their clients with a data exchange program in an electronic file over the internet.
Letter of Intent
Please review the
LOI Release Document for information regarding the required Letter of Intent. Wisconsin will require completion of the Letter of Intent and completion of our testing program prior to approval for XML filings.
NOTE: Wisconsin plans to implement FSET V5.6 in 2024.
The Wisconsin implementation of the FSET Data Exchange standard will serve 4 functions:
- Add's - Used when a Payroll Service Provider (PSP) gets a new client and wishes to inform the Wisconsin Department of Revenue of that contract. This will also obtain/verify the current withholding filing frequency.
- Applied For's - When the PSP has a new client that has a FEIN but does not know their state Employer Identification Number. This will also obtain/verify the withholding filing frequency.
- Annual Filing Frequency change/verify filing frequency (FKA Annual Scan).
- Withholding number conversion from 999999-9 legacy format to new Wisconsin Tax Number (WTN) 036-1234567890-XX format (effective September 2, 2008).
Links below provide information about this new process.
There are 4 types of files included in the downloadable Data Exchange package:
- Various xml schema files
- Sample exchange files
- Data Exchange element analysis spreadsheet
- Document describing our data exchange program
Download Data Exchange Zip File
This system is for authorized users only; system access is monitored. By using this system, you expressly consent to this monitoring. Evidence of unauthorized access will be provided to the appropriate law enforcement agencies.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT: