Important My Tax Account Update - 1/21/10
Important My Tax Account Update – 1/21/10
Thank you for your patience in using My Tax Account. Technical difficulties you were experiencing in the last few days regarding server errors, page not found, and slow response times have been corrected. There are still some minor performance issues that will be addressed later today. An outage of My Tax Account for system maintenance is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. today. The outage will last 15 minutes.
Reminder: Sales and use tax returns and payments otherwise due on Wednesday, January 20, 2010, will not be due until Monday, February 1, 2010.
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We appreciate you using My Tax Account.
The following tips will help you resolve other issues with filing returns and making payments using My Tax Account:
- Submitting Payment. Before clicking the submit button to make a payment, make sure you have answered a new question near the bottom of the payment page. Due to changes in banking regulations, you must indicate whether your payment is originating from an account outside the United States. Scroll down this page and use the drop down arrow to choose Yes or No in the entry box.
Unexpected Log-Out. To navigate in My Tax Account, do not use your Internet browser's arrows (i.e., back and forward buttons). Doing so will log you out of My Tax Account. Navigate My Tax Account using the blue title bar at the top of each page labeled " My Tax Account – Your Name" Under " My Tax Account – Your Name," click on "Home" to go to your home page, the account number (e.g., 036-0000123456-78) to go to your main account screen, etc.
- WT-7 Imbalance. Line 7 of Form WT-7 will not include any withholding deposit payments scheduled for a later date. You cannot manually adjust the amount of line 7. You may file your WT-7 even though line 7 displays a balance due equal to your payment scheduled but not yet processed. Your final WT-7 will be updated and displayed in My Tax Account when the final payment is received.
- Verifying Payments. To verify your payment has been scheduled, look at (1) "Recent Activity" or click on (2) "View Requests" on the right side of your My Tax Account home page.
- Failed Access. Users of My Tax Account are still experiencing problems while logging into My Tax Account if they previously bookmarked the login screen. In order to fix this problem, go to the DOR home page at www.revenue.wi.gov and click on Login button in the My Tax Account panel. You will be directed to the WAMS login page. Click on "Click here to bookmark this page."
- Form W-2s. Information on how to file W-2s when you are electronically filing Form WT-7 may be accessed from links that appear under line 1 of Form WT-7 on My Tax Account.
January 21, 2010
Updates were made to the code or formatting on this page as of September 15, 2014. This date does not reflect the effective date or any other date relating to the content of this page.