Streamlined Sales and Use Tax
The Wisconsin Legislature passed the legislation necessary to conform Wisconsin's sales and use tax laws to the requirements of the Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Agreement (SSUTA) as part of 2009 Wisconsin Acts 2 and 28. The conforming legislation, known as the Main Street Equity Act, became effective in Wisconsin on October 1, 2009.
Wisconsin petitioned the Streamlined Sales Tax Governing Board (SSTGB) for membership in the SSTGB as an associate member effective July 1, 2009, through September 30, 2009, and as a full member effective October 1, 2009. On May 12, 2009, the SSTGB voted unanimously to approve Wisconsin as an associate member of the SSTGB effective July 1, 2009 through September 30, 2009 and a full member of the SSTGB effective October 1, 2009.
As of August 1, 2014, there are 23 full member states (Arkansas, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming) and 1 associate member state (Tennessee).
- Articles Explaining Wisconsin Streamlined Sales and Use Tax Law Changes
- Wisconsin Streamlined Certification and Recertification Documents
- 2014 Recertification Documents
- 2014 Wisconsin Recertification Letter
- 2014 Wisconsin Certificate of Compliance
- 2014 Wisconsin Taxability Matrix (Note: User must select Wisconsin from the list of states provided)
- 2013 Recertification Documents
- 2012 Recertification Documents
- 2011 Recertification Documents
- 2010 Recertification Documents
- 2009 Certification Documents
- Wisconsin Sales Tax Rate Look-up Information
- Wisconsin Streamlined Sales Tax Training Materials
- Current Wisconsin Statutes and Administrative Rules
- Wisconsin's Conforming Legislation and Rules
- Streamlined Sales Tax Governing Board (SSTGB) Information
July 29, 2014
Updates were made to the code or formatting on this page as of May 20, 2015. This date does not reflect the effective date or any other date relating to the content of this page.