Only those who received a letter can take the Identity Verification quiz.
Protecting you… with Identity Verification
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) recognizes that identity theft and tax refund fraud are two of the top cybercrimes targeting individuals today. At DOR, one of our top priorities is to protect your identity and ensure your information is not used by someone else to claim a tax refund. That is why we are implementing an extra tool called an Identity Verification quiz.
This tool requires some taxpayers to take an identity quiz or to send in documents proving their identity before we can complete processing of their state tax refunds. If you are selected to take this quiz, we encourage you to take it immediately. We are focused on preventing identity theft and protecting taxpayers. Identity verification is just one more tool we are using to serve you.
- Why is the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) requiring people to take a quiz?
- How do you select people to take the quiz?
- How does the process work?
- Can I take the quiz if I've not received an identity verification letter?
- Can someone other than the taxpayer or claimant take the quiz?
- What if a taxpayer or claimant is unable to take a quiz due to physical or language barriers?
- What information will I need to take the quiz?
- What happens if I fail the quiz?
- What documentation will I need to provide?
Updates were made to the code or formatting on this page as of April 16, 2015. This date does not reflect the effective date or any other date relating to the content of this page.