Tips for Filing Your Return
- Electronically filed returns are processed faster and more accurate than those filed on paper. More information is available on our Online Services page at revenue.wi.gov/eserv/index.html.
- Paper filed returns are electronically scanned. Delays occur when the scanner cannot correctly read information on a return. Before you begin entering information, review the return and instructions for tips on aiding the scanning process (for example, never use commas or dollar signs when filling in dollar amounts).
- Enter all identifying information requested (for example; name, address, and social security number).
- Review the instructions for any deductions and credits claimed to ensure they are computed correctly and any required schedules or other enclosures are included with the return.
- If required, enclose a complete copy of the appropriate federal return.
- Before signing the return, check that all required line entries have been made.
- Before mailing the return, check that it is being sent to the correct address.
- If you have reviewed the return instructions and are still not sure about something, please ask! Contact information is available in the return instructions or at revenue.wi.gov/contactus/.
December 2, 2015
Updates were made to the code or formatting on this page as of December 2, 2015. This date does not reflect the effective date or any other date relating to the content of this page.