Around May 23, 2018, the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) will mail Notices of Amount Due if:
- an individual income tax return was filed electronically on or before April 18, 2018,
- the return had an amount due reported,
- DOR has not received payment.
If your client received a Notice of Amount Due and payment has already been made, first verify whether the amount was automatically withdrawn from the bank account.
- If withdrawn, contact DOR with the date and amount; we will locate the payment and post it to your client's account
- If not withdrawn and paid by check, the notice may have been generated before the check was processed. You are welcome to contact DOR to ensure that the notice can be disregarded.
- If not withdrawn and paid electronically, contact DOR; we will try to locate the payment and post it to your client's account.
May 3, 2018