More than 1,700 tax professionals attended seven IRS and Department of Revenue's Working Together Seminars last fall. An electronic survey request was emailed to those that attended. The electronic survey has now been closed for responses.
The following summarizes the key results:
- 20% of those receiving the survey request responded.
- Positive responses to survey questions ranged from 93% to 99%, with seminar materials receiving the lowest positive rating.
- Only 8% of respondents would like seminars held on Saturday.
- Facilities received better ratings than in prior years.
- Many commented on the lack of CPE credits for the WI portion.
Note: IRS regulations do not allow enrolled agent CPE credit for Wisconsin tax training. However, many other organizations do accept such training for CPE credits. Please check with your professional organization.
Based on written comments, improvements DOR and the IRS will evaluate for next year's seminars include:
- More detailed seminar materials
- New facility in the Milwaukee area
- Detailed facility and parking directions
- Organization of topics between tax types
- Attendance certificates
- Expanded Q&A
January 4, 2012