Municipal Computer Printouts May Replace Property Tax Bills

​​Q: Can a municipal computer printout of property tax bill information be attached to the Form W-RA sent to the department in lieu of the actual property tax bill?

​A: Yes. A municipal document will be accepted in place of an actual tax bill if all the following five items are shown on the document:

  • Name of owner.
  • Legal description or property address.
  • Year of the tax bill.
  • A separate line for special assessments.
  • A separate line for lottery/gaming credit.

March 6, 2009