Short-Term Lodging Marketplaces Must Obtain a License to Collect Wisconsin Taxes-Updated

​NOTE: This article replaces the article dated November 3, 2017.

Under 2017 Wisconsin Act 59, a lodging marketplace providing short-term residential lodging must register with the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) for a license to collect taxes imposed by the state related to a short-term rental and to collect room taxes imposed by a Wisconsin municipality.

The application for the license, Form 231, Lodging Marketplace Application, is available on our website at (search "Form 231"). See page two of the application for definitions.

The lodging marketplace must also:

A list of lodging marketplaces licensed by DOR is posted on our website.

September 12, 2018