January 25, 2018
To: County Clerks and Treasurers
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) posted the following 2017 Municipal Financial Report – Form A on our
website. County Clerks are required to electronically file (e-file) a complete and accurate form by the due date stated below. Both DOR and the Department of Transportation use this completed form when calculating future aid payments.
- There are no new lines on Form A
May 1, 2018
May 15, 2018 extension – DOR automatically grants an extension to May 15, 2018. You do not have to send an extension request.
- Amended forms must be submitted by email, mail or fax
- You may review your counties' 2016 financial report summary on our
Reports web page, under County Data
- Access the forms on our
- Complete all the required fields and electronically submit the form
- You will receive a confirmation number after you successfully e-file
- Print and/or save a copy for your records
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- Counties with a population over 25,000 must also submit a final Form A with an auditor's opinion on the form (Administrative Rule Tax 16)
- If previously submitted amounts are amended, you must submit a complete amended Form A
Due date: July 31, 2018
- Submit to DOR by email, mail or fax
- Do not send us a copy of your CAFR unless requested
Late Filing or Non-Filing
- Under state law (sec. 86.303 (7)(a)(b)(c)(d), Wis. Stats.), if DOR does not receive a complete and accurate form by the due date, your county will be charged a late filing penalty which reduces your General Transportation Aid payments
- If DOR does not receive your form, we may request that a Certified Public Accountant complete the form using your county records. Your county is charged for this service.
If you have questions, contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 266-8207.