February 22, 2017
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue posted the
preliminary 2016 sales reports to our website. The reports include assessment information received in the Provide Assessment Data (PAD) system as of February 10, 2017.
Accessing the Reports – the reports are now located on the
Equalized Value Reports web page
Reviewing the Reports
While reviewing, verify:
It is very important to review these reports for accuracy. Sales with incorrect assessment information, and improper validation and verification can dramatically skew the assessment level for a class which could have a negative impact on Equalized Value.
- Sales are correctly identified as useable for arm's-length and ratio analysis
- Assessment and classification are correct
- Reported assessment includes all parcels involved in the sale
- Sale is correctly identified as:
- Vacant or improved
- Useable or reject
Note: If you find errors, notify the
Equalization Bureau District Office in your area by
March 10, 2017, and provide the corrected information.
2016 Preliminary Sales Reports
Assessment/Sales Ratio Analysis – this report is an analysis of the 2016 sales the assessor identified as arm's-length and useable for ratio purposes
Useable Sales for DOR Ratio Projection – this report is an analysis of the 2016 sales identified as arm's-length and useable for ratio purposes by the assessor
- If a municipality is located within two or more counties, there is a ratio report for each piece of the municipality and a report combining all pieces
- The split district report is located within the applicable county
- All combined reports for split district municipalities are located in a separate link below the list of counties
- You may use assessment/sales statistics from these reports to estimate the current level of assessment for the 2017 assessment year
Useable Arm's-length and Rejected for DOR Ratio Projection – this report includes 2016 sales identified as arms-length transactions, and rejected for DOR ratio projection
Rejected Arm's-length and Rejected for DOR Ratio Projection
– this report includes 2016 sales identified as non-arms-length transactions
- An assessor may use the report's assessment/sales statistics to assist in estimating the January 1, 2017 level of assessment
Prior Year Sales Reports
2014 and 2015 Useable Sales Reports and Assessment/Sales Ratio Reports remain available.
- To access the reports, sign into the
eRETR System using your WAMS ID
- Links to the reports are located on the eRETR/PAD home page under "Assessor Sales Reports"
PAD Data via CAMA system
If you submitted PAD data in a file upload using your CAMA system, be particularly aware of extremely low or high ratios, which may indicate you submitted incorrect sales data.
March 10, 2017 Deadline – Post FINAL 2016 Assessment Information into PAD
May 1, 2017 Deadline – Stratified Assessment Data
- Sales conveyed in 2016 (but recorded in 2017) are still loaded into the PAD system as 2016 sales and need assessment information posted by March 10
- Review the PAD system for sales identified as "Incomplete"
- Sales are often identified as incomplete because only part of the required information was entered and saved
- Typically the missing data is the physical attribute information required on improved sales
June 12, 2017 Deadline – 2017 Assessor Reports
- You may submit stratified assessment data or similar information to your district office by
May 1 for consideration in establishing the 2017 real estate market trends (economic adjustments)
- Information on stratifying assessments into similar property groupings and a sample DOR spreadsheet are available on our
- Exempt Computer Report (ECR)
- Municipal Assessment Report (MAR)
- Tax Increment District Assessment Report (TAR)
Note: 2017 reports will be available on May 1. DOR will send an email including filing instructions.
If you have questions, contact the
Equalization Bureau District Office in your area.
Wisconsin Department of Revenue
State and Local Finance Division