April 25, 2019
To: Municipal Clerks and Treasurers
County Clerks, Treasurers and Real Property Listers
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) posted the 2019 Statement of Assessment (SOA) on our website. You must electronically file (e-file) the SOA by using our e-file form on My DOR Government Account or file transfer.
General form information
Due date: June 10, 2019, or after your Board of Review (BOR)
- You do not have to inform us if your BOR is held after June 10, 2019
- Assessed values:
- SOA is a summary of each district's assessed value (real and personal property)
- Provide an assessed value for each district, even if it has no tax levy
- SOA also includes parcel counts and acreage of exempt real property
My DOR Government Account
- Click "My DOR GOV Account" on the
Governments landing page
- Complete email authorization by entering your email address and clicking the provided link sent via email
- When entering the system for the first time, you must provide your contact information
- SOA should be listed on your home screen. If not, follow the steps below to review your access.
Review your access:
- On the MyDORGov home screen, click "View User Info" in the top right
- If you are the officeholder, verify this is listed on the left under "Your Office Summary" panel
- If it is not listed, click "Request Office" and submit an officeholder request to DOR
- Review any additional offices and/or accesses and make updates where necessary
- Your text file must follow the current
SOA File Layout
- DOR cannot process files with incorrect district codes
- Do not include manufacturing values in your file
- You must include the assessor name and accurate phone number
- Receipt number is confirmation your file was sent to DOR. If we are unable to process it, we will contact you.
Why is accurate and timely filing important?
- DOR uses SOA values to certify school district, technical college and special district Equalized Values; this process begins September 1
- If we do not receive a completed SOA by September 1, we will estimate the assessment data based on the prior year SOA values
If you have questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.