June 5, 2017
To: Statutory Assessors, Public Assessors, and Municipal Clerks
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) would like to remind you that the 2017 filing deadline for the reports listed below is next Monday, June 12, 2017.
- Municipal Assessment Report (MAR)
- Tax Incremental District Assessment Report (TAR)
- Exempt Computer Report (ECR)
MAR, TAR, and ECR Non-filer lists
- Attached are summaries of the MAR, TAR, and ECR reports that have
not been filed
- MAR and TAR includes non-filers as of 4:00 a.m. this morning, Monday, June 5, 2017
- ECR includes non-filers as of 10:30 a.m. this morning, Monday, June 5, 2017
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you do not have an exempt computer value in a municipality, disregard the non-filer entry
- Review these summary lists to make sure we received your filings
- DOR will email updated non-filer summaries on Monday, June 12
- We encourage assessors to file prior to the June 12 deadline, so any filing issues can be resolved timely
Non-filed or late-filed forms
If you do not file by Monday, June 12, 2017, the following may occur:
MAR – municipality receives a reduced levy limit due to the lack of new construction information
TAR– prior year's non-manufacturing full value is certified for the current year. This may result in less tax increment dollars available to the municipality.
ECR – municipality will not receive an exempt computer aid payment
Note: If you do not file a MAR or TAR by June 12, 2017, DOR's Equalization Bureau will file a formal complaint against your certification with the Office of Technology & Assessment Services, requesting a review and possible revocation of your assessor certification under state law (sec. 73.09(7), Wis. Stats.)
If you have questions, contact the
Equalization Bureau District Office in your area.