June 12, 2017
To: Statutory Assessors, Public Assessors, and Municipal Clerks
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) would like to remind you that the 2017 filing deadline for the reports listed below is
today, June 12, 2017.
- Municipal Assessment Report (MAR)
- Tax Incremental District Assessment Report (TAR)
- Exempt Computer Report (ECR)
MAR, TAR, and ECR Non-filer lists
- Attached are summaries of the MAR, TAR, and ECR reports that have
not been filed
- MAR and TAR includes non-filers as of 4:00 a.m. this morning, Monday, June 12, 2017
- ECR includes non-filers as of 6:30 a.m. this morning, Monday, June 12, 2017
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you do not have exempt computer value in a municipality or a TIF District, or if the TID has been terminated, disregard the non-filer entry
- Review these summary lists to make sure we received your filings
Non-filed or late-filed forms
If you do not file by today, Monday, June 12, 2017, the following may occur:
MAR – municipality receives a reduced levy limit due to the lack of new construction information
TAR– prior year's non-manufacturing full value is certified for the current year. This may result in fewer tax increment dollars available to the municipality.
ECR – municipality will not receive an exempt computer aid payment
Note: If you do not file a MAR or TAR by today, June 12, 2017, DOR's Equalization Bureau will file a formal complaint against your certification with the Office of Technology & Assessment Services, requesting a review and possible revocation of your assessor certification under state law (sec. 73.09(7), Wis. Stats.).
If you have questions, contact the
Equalization Bureau District Office in your area.