February 23, 2018
To: General Assessors
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) is providing an update on the assessor certification exam process. In
December 2017, DOR announced the new electronic Assessor Certification Exam process through Pearson VUE. The following highlights the Exam process and feedback from those who have taken the exam.
Exam Applicant Process
- Access exam website:
- Select "View exams" on the menu on right side of the page
- Select "Wisconsin Assessor Certification - DOR" and choose exam level:
- WI DOR Assessment Technician
- WI DOR Property Appraiser
- WI DOR Assessor 1
- WI DOR Assessor 2
- WI DOR Assessor 3
- Complete exam registration and submit payment online
- Confirmation email is sent to you with exam information
- When you
pass the exam, your certification is not complete until you submit
Form PC-722 to
BAPDOR@wisconsin.gov. Your tax compliance status will be verified upon contact from the DOR.
Note: Pearson VUE takes security seriously, which includes requiring photo identification to take the exam.
Assessor certification exams are offered at the following nine Wisconsin locations:
- Eau Claire
- Fond du Lac
- West Bend
- We have received positive feedback from examinees. The centers are easy to find, professionally run, and offer clear instructions with immediate results.
- One item of note when taking the exams – to use the calculator in the test system, you must use the mouse rather than the number keys
- To view additional exam and certification information, visit our
Contact us for study materials
If you have questions, contact us at