June 11, 2018
To: Statutory Assessors, Public Assessors, and Municipal Clerks
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) would like to remind assessors that the 2018 filing deadline for the reports listed below is
today, June 11, 2018.
- Municipal Assessment Report (MAR)
- Tax Incremental District Assessment Report (TAR)
MAR and TAR Non-filer lists
- Attached are summaries of the MAR and TAR reports that have not been filed
- MAR and TAR includes non-filers as of 4:00 a.m. this morning, Monday, June 11, 2018
- Review these summary lists to make sure we received your filings
Non-filed or late-filed forms
If you do not file by today, Monday, June 11, 2018, the following may occur:
- MAR – municipality receives a reduced levy limit due to the lack of new construction information
- TAR – prior year's non-manufacturing full value is certified for the current year. This may result in less tax increment dollars available to the municipality.
Note: If you do not file a MAR or TAR by today, June 11, 2018, DOR's Equalization Bureau will file a formal complaint against your certification with the Office of Technology & Assessment Services, requesting a review and possible suspension or revocation of your assessor certification under state law (sec. 73.09(7), Wis. Stats.).
If you have questions, contact the
Equalization Bureau District Office in your area.