November 1, 2018
To: Statutory Assessors, Assessors, County Clerks, County Treasurers, Real Property Listers, Municipal Clerks and Municipal Treasurers
The 2018 Preliminary Major Class Comparison Report (sec. 70.05 Assessment Compliance) is now available on the Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR)
To receive a 2018 Preliminary Compliance calculation, a municipality needed to file these two reports by October 1, 2018:
- 2018 Statement of Assessment (SOA)
- Final 2018 Municipal Assessment Report (MAR)
SOA must be error free to use for compliance measurement
- If the municipality did not file its 2018 information by October 1, the 2018 compliance is not displayed in this report and the preliminary compliance status appears as non-compliant
- If the 2018 compliance is not included in the preliminary report, DOR will review the late filed MAR and/or SOA in January, and will include the compliance on the Final Major Class Comparison Report
- If the Final Major Class Comparison indicates a municipality is in compliance, DOR will rescind any notices issued due to incomplete information
Note: DOR will send the rescind notices when we post the Final 2018 Major Class Comparison Report in February 2019.
If you have questions, contact the
Equalization Bureau District Office in your area.