To e-file, you need a Wisconsin User ID through the Web Access Management System (WAMS).
Register for a WAMS User ID
Note: You will use this ID to file or amend your returns, or inquire about your account.
Complete the electronic authorization request form
Note: You will need your WAMS User ID from Step #1.
- Email, fax or mail your signed authorization request form (completed in Step #2) to the
district office in your area
- Once you receive a confirmation email, you may begin filing. To file M-Forms online, your internet browser should:
- Be Internet Explorer 8.0, Firefox 4.0, Safari 5.0, Chrome 11.0, Opera 11.0, or higher
- Support Secure Sockets Layer 128 bit encryption
- Enable the Adobe Reader plugin
Web Access Management System (WAMS) Instructions
for E-filing Manufacturing M-Forms
Registering for a WAMS User ID allows you access to Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) documents that may be confidential or have restrictions.
- Only authorized users will be able to view these documents.
- Your WAMS User ID will be confidential. Your personal email and information will not be given to anyone.
- Several state agencies use this system. If you have signed up for a WAMS User ID in the past, your ID will be valid for this application also.
Steps to obtain the authority to e-file the Manufacturing Personal Property (M-P) and Manufacturing Real Estate
(M-R) Forms requests:
- Go to
https://on.wisconsin.gov and click on "self registration".
- Read the Wisconsin Web Access Management System User Acceptance Agreement and if you agree, click on "accept".
- Fill out the user information.
NOTE: You must have an accessible and unique email address to complete the self-registration process.
- Submit your contact and account information. You will be sent a confirmation email immediately containing a web link to the Account Activation Page.
- Click on the web link in your confirmation email. You must respond to this email within four days.
- Log in using your WAMS ID and password to activate your WAMS account.
To gain the ability to e-file your forms and access your account:
- Email, fax or mail a signed letter to your
district office -- with the following information:
- Name of authorized user(s)
- WAMS User ID (do not include password) of authorized user(s)
- Computer Number(s), real estate and personal property, of accounts they are allowed to access