Unsolicited E-Mail Policy
The Wisconsin Department of Revenue (DOR) does not initiate taxpayer communications through email.
- DOR does not request detailed personal information through email.
- DOR does not send emails requesting your social security number, PIN numbers, passwords or similar access information for credit cards, banks or other financial accounts.
If you receive an email from someone claiming to be the DOR or directing you to the DOR site,
- Do not reply.
- Do not open any attachments. Attachments may contain malicious code that will infect your computer.
- Do not click on any links that direct you to a website other than the Department of Revenue's official website.
- The Official website for the Wisconsin Department of Revenue is http://www.revenue.wi.gov.
DOR will respond to general email inquiries about tax law or a taxpayer's account with an email response.
Last updated September 16, 2010