E-file for faster refunds, fewer errors
Last year, more than 65% of Wisconsin residents electronically filed their individual income tax returns. Why? E-filing is the most accurate, most convenient way to file:
- Fast refunds - refunds are available in as few as five business days, deposited directly in a savings or checking account.
- Refunds for returns filed on paper may take 8-12 weeks.
- Fewer errors - e-filing software checks calculations and verifies that tax return entries are accurate.
- Convenient - available through DOR's "Free-File" software, through off-the-shelf products and private vendor websites, and through professional tax preparers.
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) sites, accessible across the state for Wisconsin residents in need of assistance with their tax returns, also offer e-filing options.
Last updated December 4, 2008