Statement of Changes in Equalized Values
Each year the Equalization Bureau in the Division of State and Local Finance produces this report which compares the previous year's equalized values to the current year's. This report details changes for both real and personal property.
Real property classifications detailed by both land and improvements: residential, commercial, manufacturing, agricultural, undeveloped, agricultural forest, forest, and other.
Personal property classifications: watercraft; machinery, tools and patterns; furniture, fixtures and equipment; and all other personal property.
The linked report below (Go to Report), lists the Equalized Value changes that occurred during the last fifteen years. Values are as of January 1 of the chosen year, based upon activity of the previous calendar year. Values are shown as dollar changes and rounded percent changes. The information is for all Wisconsin local governmental units, counties and the state.
Definitions found in the report:
- Amount of Economic Change
- Includes changes due to market conditions, based on analysis of sales.
- Note: According to the use value assessment law (approved by the Farmland Advisory Council) the reported value of agricultural land included in the Equalized Value reflects the "use value" of the land not the current market value. For Equalized and Assessed Values, the Undeveloped and Agricultural Forest classes are valued at 50% of market value.
- Amount of New Construction
- Includes changes to improvement values due to construction of new buildings and other improvements to the land. The land value change in the new construction column is due to higher land utility.
- Amount of All Other Change
- Includes changes under state law (sec. 70.57, Wis. Stats.), adjustments (corrections), DOR's field review of property, demolition or destruction of buildings or other improvements, changes in exempt status of property, changes in classification of property, annexation gains or losses, and other miscellaneous changes.
Note: do not use this report to measure compliance under state law (sec. 70.05, Wis. Stats.) or to determine assessment ratios.
- The report defaults to January 1, 2013. To review a previous year's data, click the year box in the upper left hand corner of the screen. Fifteen years are currently available.
- Note: To view/print this page, we recommend using the most current version of your Internet browser for a higher quality result.
If you have questions, contact the appropriate equalization district supervisor listed below:
|MADISON DISTRICT OFFICE (76)
PO BOX 8909 MS 6-301
MADISON WI 53708-8909
Phone: (608) 266-8184
Fax: (608) 267-1355
|Columbia, Crawford, Dane, Dodge, Grant, Green, Green Lake, Iowa, Jefferson, Lafayette, Marquette, Richland, Rock, Sauk, Vernon|
|MILWAUKEE DISTRICT OFFICE (77)
819 N 6TH ST RM 530
MILWAUKEE WI 53203
Phone: (414) 227-4455
Fax: (414) 227-4071
|Fond du Lac, Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Sheboygan, Walworth, Washington, Waukesha|
|EAU CLAIRE DISTRICT (79)
610 GIBSON ST STE 7
EAU CLAIRE WI 54701
Phone: (715) 836-2866
Fax: (715) 836-6690
|Barron, Bayfield, Buffalo, Burnett, Chippewa, Douglas, Dunn, Eau Claire, Jackson, La Crosse, Monroe, Pepin, Pierce, Polk, Rusk, St. Croix, Sawyer, Trempealeau, Washburn|
|WAUSAU DISTRICT OFFICE (80)
730 N THIRD ST
WAUSAU WI 54403-4700
Phone: (715) 842-5885
Fax: (715) 848-1033
|Adams, Ashland, Clark, Iron, Juneau, Langlade, Lincoln, Marathon, Oneida, Portage, Price, Taylor, Vilas, Wood|
|GREEN BAY DISTRICT OFFICE (81)
200 N JEFFERSON ST STE 126
GREEN BAY WI 54301-5100
Phone: (920) 448-5195
Fax: (920) 448-5207
|Brown, Calumet, Door, Florence, Forest, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Marinette, Menominee, Oconto, Outagamie, Shawano, Waupaca, Waushara, Winnebago|
July 31, 2013
Updates were made to the code or formatting on this page as of July 23, 2014. This date does not reflect the effective date or any other date relating to the content of this page.